Happy Monday, ModernDomestic readers! Here’s some reading from the blogosphere to get your week started right.
- Did you know the the color for 2009 is “mimosa?” The Washington Post has an article about the “it” color and why this bright yellow is actually appropriate for the new Obama administration and our troubling economic times.
- If you’re not feeling the yellow, Apartment Therapy LA has a post full of inspiration photos using a black, gray and purple color scheme. Somehow this feels much more appropriate.
- The Capitol Cooking Show is looking for viewers to submit cupcake recipes for an upcoming episode called “Crazy For Cupcakes.” Read all about it on Delleicious. Too bad my favorite cupcake recipe to date (pumpkin cupcakes) isn’t my own—it’s Martha Stewart’s!
- It’s time to start making your reservations for DC’s Winter Restaurant Week (Feb. 16-22). Don’t know where to make your money count? Stumped on the best places to make a reservation? Captiol Spice has a map of all your Restaurant Week choices (If I had the money to spare, I’d be trying to get a seat at Art and Soul. Oh well, next time). Also check out DC Foodies guide to getting the most out of Restaurant Week.
- The District Domestic is making homemade doughnuts, which sounds like a good idea for a winter weekend project, and a nice break from the cupcake craze. I only made doughnuts once and I burned the the crap out of them, but hers turned out much better.
- Design*Sponge has photos of really beautiful lighting from British designer Hannah Nunn. Her pieces look like what I’ve tried (and failed) to make on my own. These beautiful, delicate lamps may just inspire me to try again.