Good morning MondernDomestic readers! Here’s domestic news from the internets to accompany your Monday morning coffee.
Domino Is Done For
- No! The rumors are true! My beloved Domino, the hip and stylish home-decor magazine, is closing its doors. The last issue will be in March. Read more and commiserate over at Design*Sponge.
Carla and Spike Party Top-Chef Style
- To celebrate the Top Chef All Stars episode, Top Chef All Star and Spike Mendelson had a viewing party at his restaurant, Good Stuff Eatery. Current Top Chef contestant Carla Hall was there with her husband. Capital Spice has the scoop on the viewing party and how Carla’s husband reacted when he found out she had won two Superbowl tickets!
Sugar and Champagne Wrap-Up
- Did you want to go to Sugar and Champagne, the dessert-studded fundraiser for The Washington Humane Society? And, like me, could you not afford a ticket? Well Best Bites has the next best thing – a roundup of the event, complete with photos.
Desperation Hits Home Furnishings Market
- Wow, so those increasingly desperate sale emails I’ve been receiving from The Pottery Barn aren’t just an isolated trend for home decor stores. The New York Times has an excellent piece on how the home furnishings market has collapsed in the economic downturn.
Delleicious DC Checks Out Red Velvet Cupcakery
- Delleicious DC chronicles the DC Metro Cupcake Meetup trip to Red Velvet Cupcakery. There’s a Cupcake Meetup in DC? How did I not know about this!