The thunder and lightning were beautiful last night but I’m hoping for a drier weekend. Incidentally, next week is my last week of being 26. Anything I should cross of my list before the big 27?
Recipes I want to try from this week’s internet perusals:
- The Arugula Files is topping pizza with peaches. Pizza . . . peaches . . . I never would have thought of it but it sounds like something I need to try.
- Gradually Greener is making a salad with Mexican sour gherkins. A box of of these showed up at work last week and I had no idea what I would do with them, but mixing them with cherry tomatoes and dressing them with olive oil and vinegar is an excellent idea.
- Peri peri nitty chicken, from the Washington Post. I am desperate for a new chicken recipe, and this may fit the bill.
And in other Internet news:
- A new cupcake shop has opened up on Wisconsin – Something Sweet, at 3708 Macomb st NW. You can see some of their offerings here. Anyone up for a cupcake run this weekend?
- Lemmonex is in love with Texas, the state where bread is a vegetable.
- DC Foodies gives us a tidbit of DC cocktail history, and a preview of Rickey Month.
- Poste will roast you a full pig. An entire pig. All you need is six to twelve people and seven days notice. Via Metrocurean.
- Or they could roast you a goat. An entire goat. Via Capital Spice.