Folks, I had so much fun at the DC Food Blogger Happy Hour. And no, I am not just saying that. Usually I have a hard time getting over my shyness at networking happy hour things where I don’t know anyone, but everyone there was so easy to talk to, so welcoming, and so into food, that I calmed my nerves (the wine helped). There are whisperings that this should become a regular monthly event, and I couldn’t agree more. Here’s to getting out from behind the laptop screen and into the bar!
- Getting fresh sage and basil from The Dirty Radish
- Finding out just exactly how Capital Spice writes all those posts.
- Asking the lovely Melissa (aka Counter Intelligence) just where she likes to dine in DC.
- Getting to wax poetic about the Seattle craft beer scene with Orr, one of the Young and Hungry lager heads.
- Meeting another baking fanatic – Martha (Measured Memory).
- Chatting with Johanna (of Johanna Knows Good Food) about the joys of food blogging.
- And finally: glimpsing the mysterious Restaurant Refugee in the flesh.
I know I met more people – if I forgot to name you, please forgive me for my space cadet tendencies and general awfulness with names. It was so much fun.
Also, I realized that I really need to get business cards with my name and email address on them. Next month!