It is December 18th. Have I done my Christmas shopping? I prefer not to answer that question.
Recipes I want to try:
- Little chocolate layer cake, from the New York Times.
- Salmon en Croute from Mango and Tomato.
- Chocolate peppermint cookies, from Martha Stewart (oh my God I want to make these).
- Jaleo’s clementina old fashioned, via Metrocurean.
And in other Internet news:
- Everyone should read this New York Times article about the holiday layer cakes of Alabama. It’s a wonderful piece on how these cakes figure into the community there.
- I love Amelia’s entry on the tulip bubble at Gradually Greener.
- The Arugula Files has a roundup of classy and trashy recipes for your holiday parties. I would like a trashy appetizer please.
- I am a sucker for a gingerbread house – so I can’t resist a gingerbread castle. Via Top Shelf.
- Brightest Young Things has a 2009 wrap up from DC’s food bloggers and foodies. Newsflash – Tim Carman hates cupcakes.
- Young and Hungry has named five dishes to its DC “hall of fame.” I will admit it here – I only voted for the things I had eaten. It was a good thing I could only vote for five.