One would think that the Internet would be abuzz with rhubarb recipes – it seems like at this time of year it’s all rhubarb all the time in food publications. And yet things were a mix this week – some recipes used spring produce, some were still using winter citrus (like my winter citrus cupcakes above), and some were good year-round recipes (ahem, chocolate). Now which ones will I actually end up cooking this weekend? That is the question.
Recipes I want to try, from this week’s admittedly limited Internet dabblings:
- Marscarpone-filled cake, topped with berries, from Sassy Radish.
- Whole wheat Parmesan and herb popovers, from Adventure in Shaw. Nice to see that someone else is into whole grain baking.
- Triple chocolate mousse cake (because why have one chocolate mousse when you can have three?) from Delicious Dishings.
- Rhurbarb lime spritzer from Food 52 – definitely a spring recipes (nothing “ish” about it).
- Orange cake with citrus compote, from The Washington Post. It’s the last of the winter citrus season – and this looks like a lovely way to use it up.
Happy almost weekend baking!