Reader Poll: Which Ice Cream Should I Make?

by moderndomestic on May 11, 2010

Chocolate Stout Ice Cream

Chocolate stout ice cream. God that was good.

So, after making fifteen cups of buttercream this weekend for my All Souls cupcakes I have, well, a whole lot of egg yolks left over. Lots and lots of egg yolks. This can only mean one thing – ice cream time.

I got some ideas from my Twitter friends, and found a couple intriguing recipes of my own (the olive oil recipe is from David Lebovitz’ The Perfect Scoop). So readers – it’s up to you. Which one should I make? Of course, you can submit your own ideas – just as long as I can find (and, um, afford) the ingredients, I’m up for anything!

{ 1 trackback }

You Voted: Chocolate Hazelnut Gelato | ModernDomestic
May 20, 2010 at 6:19 am

Jason Kreger May 11, 2010 at 6:49 am

I’d love a recipe for vanilla ice cream with a strawberry swirl so I could use some of the fresh strawberries we’ve got here in Michigan.

Lindelle May 11, 2010 at 7:14 am

Mmmm Olive Oil!! I had this flavor at a restaurant in Gallery Place (forget which one) and absolutely fell in love with it!

Mer May 11, 2010 at 9:01 am

It may sound crazy, but I suggested cucumber ice cream. I had it a couple of times in Boston. It tasted so fresh and vaguely like watermelon. I’ve always wanted to make it myself.

kristy May 11, 2010 at 9:46 am

I’d love to hear what an Olive Oil ice cream tastes like!

Candice May 11, 2010 at 11:23 am

I’m just here to say that I love polls! Also, that photo is amazing.

Lindsay May 11, 2010 at 11:46 am

I wrote in a vote for caramel ice cream (which is my favorite). I made a recipe by Helene from Tartelette and it was creamy and delicious (and yes it contains eggs). Here is the link: http://www.mytartelette.com/2009/07/recipe-chocolate-torte-caramel-ice.html
I have also tried Olive Oil ice cream with salted pepitas and it tasted very good, so I don’t think you’d go wrong what that flavor either. Good luck!

Salpy Kabaklian-Slentz May 12, 2010 at 10:50 am

If that chocolate hazelnut is the recipe from The Perfect Scoop, it’s totally worth it. I don’t even like hazelnuts and I scarfed it down. pg 47, Gianduja Gelato

Deb May 12, 2010 at 4:24 pm

How is anyone choosing anything other than pistachio. IT’S THE BEST!

Christin May 12, 2010 at 5:18 pm

If you really understand your audience, the clear winner will of course be anything with Chocolate :)