Happy Thanksgiving readers! Hope you’re all having lovely celebrations with your families. For those last minute emergency baking or turkey questions, I’m going to refer you to the help lines, like I do every Thanksgiving.
For pie and baking questions:
- Call the King Arther Flour’s Baker’s Hotline at 802-649-3717 (M-F, 8am-9pm EST, Sat-Sun, 9am-5pm, EST). If their hotline is as good as their flour, then you’ll be set.
- The Fleischmann’s Yeast Baker’s Help Line can talk you through yeast-baking questions and issues; call them at 1-800-777-4959.
For baking and cooking questions:
- The Splendid Table, Lynne Rossetto Kasper’s wonderful NPR cooking show, will be having a two hour live call-in show starting at 11:00 am (eastern) on Thanksgiving day. Give Lynne a call at (800) 537-5252. You can also submit questions online at the show’s web site.
For a pie crisis
- The Crisco Pie Hotline will answer your basic and advanced pie baking questions. Call them at -877-FOR PIE TIPS (1-877-367-7438). Granted, I hope they can answer questions about more than just shorting, since I dearly hope you’re using some butter in your pie crust (actually, I hope you’re using a ratio of six tbs butter and 2 tbs shortening to 1 cup of flour).
For turkey troubles
- The Butterball Turkey Talk-Line is all turkey, all the time. Call 1-800-BUTTERBALL or email them at email@example.com. You can also ask them a question via Twitter.
- If you’re anti-Butterball, Reynolds has a Turkey Tips Hotline at 1-800-745-4000.
- If your Turkey question is specific to brining, call the Spice Hunter brining hotline at 888-334-8977 from 10:30 a.m. — 7:30 p.m (EST), or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org